PINPOINT LASER SYSTEMS launched a new laser alignment system, the Microgage Pro Plus, that it claims sets a new standard for ease-of-use, and includes user instructions and the operations manual right on board for easy access. The system operates with three primary components; a laser transmitter, a digital receiver, and a “smart display.” A precise laser beam forms a straight, constant reference line for a machine or assembly, and each receiver measures in two axial directions, horizontal and vertical (X and Y.)
The path of the laser beam can be a few inches up to 165 feet and the full-color touchscreen display provides accurate readings to 0.0001 inch. Intelligently designed receivers are available in a variety of configurations, including convenient wireless options that improve measuring range and durability, and give users the advantage of not being tied down in the field.
An onboard microprocessor provides step-by-step instructions for the user and allows for storage for thousands of data points with accompanying notes, all within a durable aluminum and polyurethane enclosure that is easy to manage in the field.
Using the three basic Microgage Pro Plus components, long assemblies, machinery, and fixtures can be easily measured and aligned with a high degree of precision over long distances. Adding other Microgage accessories allows the user to measure and align flatness, squareness, parallelism, bores, spindles, and many other geometric parameters.
Other advantages of the Microgage Pro Plus include:
- Proprietary “Capture” software
- Alignment/positional updates in real time
- Touchscreen and keypad with multifunction buttons
- Onscreen step-by-step alignment instructions
- Powerful microprocessor for computing and storage
- Stores thousands of data points and notes
- Connects easily to PC for data uploads and analysis
- Wide variety of mounts and fixtures available
- Features an "easy-grip handle" for comfort and portability
- Four wired and four wireless receiver capability.
Learn more at www.pinpointlaser.com