GREENLEAF CORPORATION introduced a new line of high-performance, solid-carbide end mills – Greenleaf-360 – complementing the XSYTIN®-360 line of solid-ceramic end mills. Greenleaf-360 end mills combine a proprietary flute design with a high-performance carbide substrate that allows for fast and efficient material removal with less stress induced into the part. A combination of strength, toughness, and heat resistance means that machining capabilities from roughing to finishing can be completed with extended tool life and predictability.
Greenleaf-360 high-performance end mills have shown speed and feed performance 25-50% higher than the competition with extended tool life, according to the developer.
The new end mills use a substrate that has proven capability in various materials, from low-carbon steel alloys to heat-resistant alloys. The sub-micron grade provides toughness and wear resistance in a single grade that can be applied in many different applications.
The novel PVD coating that is standard on all Greenleaf-360 end mills provides added productivity and performance. It offers a very low coefficient of friction with an extremely high service temperature range. This combination results in high wear resistance and allows for higher speed capabilities, especially in heat-resistant alloys.
Unique features and benefits of Greenleaf-360 end mills include:
• A proprietary flute design that reduces cutting forces and provides maximum material removal;
• Full line of 4, 5, and 7 flute configurations provides solutions from full slotting to high-speed machining;
• Extended shank length options allow for effective completion of long-reach applications;
• High-performance substrate and coating combination offers versatility in machining various workpiece materials; and,
• Regrind capabilities to like-new condition for added cost savings and value.
Ideally suited for machining materials in the aerospace, automotive, die and mold, medical, and power generation industries, Greenleaf-360 inch and metric end mills are available now.
Learn more at www.greenleafcorporation.com