DP TECHNOLOGY announced a comprehensive revision to its computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software: called ESPRIT 2020. Among the most significant developments are updates to the software’s computer-aided design (CAD) interfaces and new or improved solutions for specific machine tools.
ESPRIT 2020 features multiple updates for Swiss-type machining, meaning turning of small, often intricate parts. Medical devices like bone screws are a typical example of parts manufactured on Swiss-type machines. ESPRIT’s 2020 update introduces or enhances support for 200 different Swiss-type machine models, including:
• Citizen D25, which features three channels, 3x Y-axis, 3x Z-axis, B-axis front and back;
• Star SV 38R, which features three channels and a B-axis;
• Tsugami SS38, a chucker-convertible sliding headstock lathe with B-axis;
• Tornos machines;
• Seamless integration of laser cutting operations for Tsugami and Citizen;
• Willemin-Macodel MT series machines.
The 2020 update also includes updated support for the latest CAD software, including SolidWorks 2020, SolidEdge 2020, PTC Creo 6, and NX 1847.
Improved CAD support allows users to design and visualize parts better before manufacturing begins. CAD modeling is an integral part of designing and optimizing any new part, and different software types specialize in different modeling techniques.
Additionally, ESPRIT 2020 expands support to the following mill-turn machines:
• Index G200 and G220, featuring two and three turrets and a disk turret mounted on a B-axis;
• Miyano BNE 51 MSY, featuring three X-axes and three Z-axes;
• Traub TNX, featuring simultaneous independent machining with up to four tool carriers;
• CMZ TTL, featuring two turrets and two spindles.
Enhanced profile threading and probing capabilities round out the product release.
“Product releases are always exciting for us, because often we’re providing a solution where one did not previously exist,” said Tania Campanelli, R&D director for DP Technology. “2020 is no different. We look forward to more users discovering why ESPRIT is the right choice.”
Learn more at www.espritcam.com