Calculated Industries has a handheld device to help machine operators and programmers increase productivity during the design, layout, and set-up stages of production. It’s also likely to reduce wear on cutting tools.
The Machinist Calc Pro is the first dedicated handheld machining math and reference tool to provide a complete assortment of machine shop solutions. It has more complete Thread data than the Machinery's Handbook, including step-saving Thread and Drill Size chart look-ups, speeds and feeds, right triangle solutions, bolt patterns, and more.
The device’s functions and capabilities include:
• Speeds and Feeds calculations for milling, turning and drilling,cutting speed, spindle speed (RPM), feed rate (IPM), cutting feed, and feed per tooth/chip load;
• Built-in Drill and Thread Size Tables (compliant with ANSI/ASME B1.1-2003 and ANSI/ASME B1.13M-2005)
• Enter numeric, fractional, metric thread sizes and drill sizes, and display tap, roll tap, close and free-fit drill sizes plus pitch, major and minor diameters;
• Right triangle math, plus trigonometric functions
• Drill points: enter the cutting angle and drill size to calculate the drill point cut depth;
• Bolt pattern hole layouts: enter the start angle, number of bolts, diameter and optional x, y offset; calculate x and y coordinates; find center-to-center spacing for bolt pattern layouts;
• 3-Wire measure; enter wire size (or use calculated best wire size) and 3-wire measurement to calculate pitch diameter.
The unit is sealed in a shock-, dust-, and moisture-resistant “Armadillo Gear” protective case.
| Calculated Industries’ handheld unit is an option for machinists and programmers who aim to reduce their calculation time and increase their available production time. |