SprutCAM Tech released an update to its SprutCAM X, a CAD/CAM software for programming CNC mills, lathes, wire EDM, and other CNC equipment.SprutCAM X integrates an Artificial Intelligence virtual assistant based on ChatGPT technology that will help users with various aspects of CAM workflow.
The AI assistant is powered by the OpenAI API, which uses deep learning models to understand and generate natural language. Engineers can communicate with the AI assistant using text commands in multiple languages, and the AI assistant responds accordingly. The AI wizard (called Éncy) greets the user and invites him to propose a programming question.
Éncy is available perform the following tasks:
• Explain the G-code generated as a result of post-processing. Users can ask the AI assistant to clarify any line of code or command, and it will give a detailed explanation of what it does and why it is necessary.
• Generate a G-code using a text description of the operations. Type the task to be completed – e.g., "drill a 10 mm diameter hole at point (100, 25) – and the AI wizard will generate the corresponding G-code.
• Write code in Python to create .dxf or .stl files. Use the AI assistant to create 2D or 3D models of parts using Python code. The AI assistant guides the operator through the process and show the results in real time.
• Provide reference information for the industrial robot or CNC-machine when creating kinematic schemes in MachineMaker, a zero code application for building digital twins from SprutCAM Tech. Ask the AI assistant for any information about the robot or CNC-machine, such as its dimensions, specifications, capabilities, limitations, etc.
• Answer any question from a SprutCAM X user, even not related to the operation of the software. Chat with the AI assistant about anything, such as CNC tips and tricks, industry news, best practices, etc. The AI assistant will try to answer the questions, or direct the operator to relevant resources if it doesn't know the answer.
To create the above requests, CNC-engineers can use various macros that are automatically adapted to the context of the task being performed.
Learn more at www.sprutcam.com