Why do manufacturers opt for multi-tasking machine tools? Here are some of the reasons why: Reduces direct cost -- fewer machines, fixtures and tools, and far less labor. Slashes non-value-added time, multiple setups, part handling and queue time.
- Compresses lead-time—from days or weeks to hours. Improves cash flow—smaller, frequent shipments on customer demand.
- Reduces work-in-process (WIP) inventories—releasing cash for operating/investment. Improves part accuracy—no tolerance build-up from multiple setups.
- Reduces indirect costs—less floor space, utilities and maintenance.
- Reduces lot sizes with no cost penalty —lots of one or assembly kits.
- Runs “lights out” with automation — more cutting time with no added labor.
- Improves customer satisfaction. Improves competitiveness through new customers and markets. Increases profitability.