Managers of The International Manufacturing Technology Show are planning a new kick-off event for the IMTS Industry & Technology Conference that parallels the industrial trade show. “Inspiration Day” on, September 13, 2010, will include a keynote luncheon and panel discussion with speakers from critical industrial markets (aerospace, automotive, energy, and medical manufacturing.)
IMTS is the largest manufacturing technology trade show in the U.S., and is expected to draw thousands of exhibitors and tens of thousands of visitors to Chicago, September 13-18.
Attendees registered for a conference session will have access to the Inspiration Day program, as will exhibiting companies, by reservation.
The IMTS Industry & Technology Conference, September 14-17, will have six topical tracks covering a range of industry-specific sessions, including:
• Materials Engineering (Physical Properties, What's New, Future [R&D])
• Machining Technology & Trends (General Cutting [turning, milling, etc.], Grinding, Tooling / Workholding)
• Alternative Manufacturing Processes (Waterjet, Laser, EDM, Welding, Fastening/Joining)
• Metrology (Measuring, Testing, Inspection, 3-D Inspection, Standards)
• Plant Operations (Lean Manufacturing, CAD/CAM, Training/Work Force, Government, Energy Efficiency, MTconnect)
• Rapid Prototyping
IMTS director John Krisco said the program addresses attendees’ interest in learning, networking, and locating new manufacturing technology. “We are committing significant energy and resources to make the conference the premier educational offering available to the manufacturing industry,” he said.