Methods Machine Tools Inc. will exhibit 10 new FEELER high-performance machine tools at the International Manufacturing Technology Show. Methods recently was named the exclusive North American importer of Fair Friend Group’s line of FEELER machines, and is offering a new range of machines that feature extensive engineering by Methods to provide performance and value to operators.
The Methods-FEELER line of machine tools will include:
Vertical Machining Centers
• Linear guideway design: VMP Series Models offered from 580 to 1,100 mm X-Axis travels
• High-performance HV Series will be offered with 800 or 1,000 mm X-Axis travels
• Boxway construction design: available in 40 or 50 taper, VB Series models offered from 900 mm to 2,200 mm X-Axis travels.
CNC Lathes/ Turning Centers
• Linear guideway design: FTC Series Models offered with 6 and 8 inch chucks
• Boxway construction design: FT Series Models offered with 8 to 21 inch chucks
• High performance Turning Centers: HT-30 Series, available in three configurations:
(1) HT-30MC, a power milling turret machine,
(2) HT-30Y, configured with a power milling turret and a Y-Axis, and
(3) HT-30SY, configured with a power milling turret, Y-Axis, and a sub-spindle. The HT-30 Series turning centers feature 10 inch chucks.
• Standard or high-speed: FV Series, available in X-axis travels starting at 2,160 mm and ranging to 7,200 mm and Y-axis ranging from 1,400 to 4,000 mm. Boring Mill models:
• Ultra high precision, FBM Series: available with 110 mm or 130 mm quill, up to 4,200 mm X-Axis travel. The FBM, R Series Boring Mills feature a built-in, fully programmable rotary table in 0.001° increments.
Matsuura 5-Axis / CNC Machining Centers, including the new CUBLEX-35 PC32 configured with 32 pallets, and the CUBLEX-63 PC18 configured with 18 pallets. These new 5-Axis multitasking machines offer precision milling, turning and grinding on the same platform. The CUBLEX-63 offers greater loading capacity, larger work size capability, travel and ATC magazine.
Methods also will introduce the new Matsuura MX-520, a compact, 5-Axis VMC featuring outstanding ergonomic design allowing rapid set-up and processing of complex parts.
The Matsuura MX-520 and the CUBLEX Series come equipped with CAMplete Truepath Software: an integrated suite of G-code editing, optimization, analysis and verification tools.
Nakamura-Tome Multitasking Turning Centers, including Super NTMX - the world’s first twin ATC B-axis lathe.
The new Nakamura Super MX-5 Multitasking turning center with true five-axis movement and milling platform accuracy will make its world debut at IMTS.
In addition, Methods will debut a Nakamura WT-150 Multitasking Turning Center equipped with the CAMplete TruePath Turn / Mill software suite. CAMplete Truepath software allows several machine tool, tooling and workholding parameters to be analyzed and optimized using detailed 3-D Nakamura turning center models.
KIWA-Japan Horizontal and Vertical CNC Machining Centers, including the new KH-55 50-Taper, 19.7" (500 mm) dual pallet HMC. Having the largest work envelope in its class, the KH-55 can machine workpieces of up to 35.4"w x 39.4"h (900 mm x 1,000 mm) in size and 1,650 lbs (750 kg) in weight. The KH-55 will make its debut at IMTS.
FANUC RoboDrill Machining Centers machining centers will be featured, including fully-integrated production cells such as the RoboDrill Med Cell, an affordable, five-axis machining / automation center.
In addition, there will be a RoboDrill long-bed with a pallet changer and twin direct-drive, 4th axis rotary tables, shuttling in and out of the work zone. A RoboDrill short-bed JobShop Cell also will be demonstrated.
Methods also will display the RoboDrill TrodeMaster, for machining graphite electrodes.
FANUC RoboCut Wire EDMs, including a new generation “iE” line of EDMs for higher accuracy, faster threading, more power and Ai Pulse Control II.
Exeron Die Sinker EDMs, including new exopuls+ liquid-cooled generator technology for increased cutting speeds and accuracy.
New VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator (patent pending), the industry’s first digital optical comparator, also will be demonstrated. The system has unique features including the ability to digitally compare a part to its CAD data quickly and easily, at exceptionally high accuracy.
Methods recently established a Tooling and Accessories Group to provide a single-source option for companies seeking to combine their machine tool purchase with the finest the world has to offer in precision tooling and accessories. The Methods’ Tooling and Accessories Group has experts that have decades of experience in tooling and accessories selection support.