FANUC Robotics America, Inc. (www.fanucrobotics.com) now offers a Certified Education Robot Training (CERT) program available to qualified high schools, community colleges and universities.
The program certifies instructors at educational institutions to train their students to program FANUC robots.
To accompany the CERT program, an eligible school can purchase a new innovative educational tooling package that includes an industrial robot, integrated vision system, programmable logic controller, and RO BOGUIDE simulation software.
“With this package, students can learn fundamental through advanced engineering and manufacturing concepts while learning math and science. Students will work with the same robots, software and applications that are used in industry,” Kevin Ostby, vice president for Fanuc Robotics’ Customer Resource Center, said. “
Schools can use the new package to integrate robot training into their programs and initiatives. Some of the successful approaches used by educational institutions are:
• Add robotic automation facilitated learning to Career Technical E ducation programs.
• Integration of robotic automation to teach design and manufacturing concepts.
• Creation of new courses and projectbased activities to prepare students to work with robotic automation.
• Integrate CERT program with career cluster curriculum.
• Apply industrial robot training to engineering technology curriculum.
• Add CERT program to community workforce retraining initiatives.